Thursday, January 5, 2012

No, Koto. YES, Council Oak!

Koto... it was not worth writing about. However, I will report on Council Oak.

At Council Oak I got the cowboy steak. They carve your initials into the bone of the cowboy steak. It was cooked perfectly (medium rare). The presentation was the best I have ever seen. And it was huge! It was a great leftover breakfast. It tasted the same. It was even good cold. I had it with eggs.

My mom got the lamb. IT WAS SO GOOD! I don't really have a lamb or beef preference, but I usually get steak and Council Oak is known for its steaks. Yum.

My dad got the New York strip. IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD TOO! In one way I liked the cowboy steak better. The flavor of the char came through on the Cowboy steak a little more. In another way I liked the New York Strip better: I liked the more oily taste of the meat.

The restaurant is very fancy! We also ordered 3 appetizers. We got blue point oysters (raw). They were delicious. We got escargot. They were served with a small pastry on top and a mushroom on the bottom. I thought these were extremely yummy. Snails are okay for me! We also got the caesar salad. I don't usually like stuff with dressing but Council Oak did it really nice and I really loved it. I really liked the fresh anchovies too.  If I had to pick a favorite of the three, it would be close between the escargot and the caesar salad. I think I would get the Caesar salad because there are not a lot of places I could go where they would PUT dressing on it , and I would STILL like it.

With our dinner we got 2 sides to share for the family. We got the truffle oil french fries. I really only liked them because it was truffle oil. It was NOT your McDonald's french fry. I think they also had garlic and parmesan cheese on them. Super-yum-yums! We also got the cream spinach. It was perfect. The spinach was fresh and the cream was tasty. The cream spinach went well with the french fries.

We all shared a creme brûlée. How could you go wrong there? It was served with fresh berries. I highly recommend it.

It was the best meal I have ever had! Here are some pics:




1 comment:

  1. This restaurant looks amazing! Thanks for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete