Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Conch Republic over Los Jarrones and Return to the Yummy House

Last month I visited Los Jarrones with AARG. It was my 3rd AARG outing. The company is always great at ARGG. I sat next to John. He was very kind. I ordered the shrimp ceviche as an appetizer and the conch as an entree. The food was good. I had some issues with the service. They forgot to cook my food, and that I ordered it. For everyone else, the service was very slow, but I had to wait twice as long! They also got other people's orders incorrect, and it was rather expensive for the cuisine. The atmosphere was nice. I probably will not return. It was not my favorite.  The same week I also visited one of my favorite family-friendly restaurants in Reddington Beach, Conch Republic. This was really good compared to Los Jarrones. I went with Mom and Nani. We shared an order of mussels, ordered as as an appetizer. My entree was grilled shrimps and scallops on a skewer. The service was nice. The ambiance was cool, and we spent less than we did on two people at Los Jarrones--and it was fun!
On a scale from 1-10, with 1 being horrible, 2 being bad, 3 being bad (but not terrible), 4 being poor, 5 being OK, 6 being good, 7 being really nice, 8 being great, 9 being awesome and 10 being unbelievable, I would rate Los Jarrones as a "4," and Conch Republic as an "8.5."


In late May, I returned to one of my favorite restaurants in Tampa, and one of my favorite places to write about: The Yummy House on Hillsborough Avenue. I went for my birthday meal and the owner welcomed us. He knew I had written about his restaurant in my blog before, and he sent us a complimentary appetizer of barbecued pork, which was delicious--I just had to break my "pescatarian thing." He also sent us a really nice dessert which they have recently added to the menu. My entree was scallops with mixed vegetables. As usual, my experience at the Yummy House was fantastic. We all left happy and full. Thank you, Yummy House, once again, I rate you as a "9.75."


Look for my next post about AARG 7 at Castillo's Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment