Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Yum

I'm 9. I don't alway blog when I should. I ate my way through the summer. I visited a bunch of my favorite places and some new ones too. I spent a lot of time at my grandparents beach condo and so I ate in Indian Shores and the surrounding beaches a lot.

One of my favorite places to eat near their condo is TJ's Italian Cafe. It is really great. I could drink the marinara sauce straight. But it's better on their fried ravioli special. Stuffed with cheese you can't go wrong here. My mom and I split an order of Pasta with Clam Sauce. I loved it. The pasta was fresh with a light white clam sauce. I really liked that they used rosemary in their clam sauce. Very nice.  I also had a Caesar salad. It's one of my favorite Italian places. I highly recommend it.

One of my favorite ice cream parlor in Indian Shores is Candy Kitchen.  EVERYTHING is home made except the candy. I don't normally order chocolate sprinkles on my ice cream but theirs seem special. My favorite kind of ice cream is mint chocolate chip. I usually order it in waffle cone. If you like old fashion candies they have everything you'll ever want. The favorite ones to pick up are: Bit of Honey, Mary Janes, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Slow Pokes, Black Cows and Sugar Daddies. If you like newer candies they have those too. I'll post a Candy Kitchen video later this week.

I also tried Rodies for the first time this summer with an out of town guest. I ordered The eggs Benedict Florentine. I usually order this at First Watch, an other one of my favorite restaurants. I thought  first watch was a little bit better because the hollandaise sauce  and  tomatoes seem fresher and firmer at First Watch. However, I will go back to Rodies. It was a good meal and their skillets looked really good.

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming blog entries about my other summer yum news like: Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Middle Ground, and Latitudes. Some where good some were not so good.






2 comments:

  1. I love the Candy Kitchen too! When I was a little girl, I spent summer weekends with my grandparents on Madeira Beach and we went there a lot. It didn't seem like a summer vacation without a trip to the Candy Kitchen for ice cream. I really enjoy your blog. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete